By Deborah Jeanne Sergeant
You’ve got to keep your feet warm, yet dressy style and a non-slick sole are important, too. Find all of these traits in any of these dressy women’s boots.
Dream Pairs Women’s Chunky Heel Knee High and Up Boots (Amazon.com, $29.99 to $37.99) look good enough to wear anywhere with a 2.5-inch heel, 15-inch shaft and faux suede or faux leather uppers. The nine colors offers a great variety for any taste. The padded faux fur lining and insole will keep you toasty. The non-skid sole helps prevent falls on slick sidewalks, too.
Also from Dream Pairs, the Women’s Koson Knee-High Winter Riding Boots (Amazon.com, $29.99 to $34.99) comes in several styles and colors to coordinate with any wardrobe. Faux fur lining and a rubber outsole make these both fashionable and practical for winter wear. Walk all day on these low, 1.25-inch heels.
Dressy meets practical in the Comfy Moda Women’s Fur-Lined Warm Winter Boots (Amazon.com, $139.99 to $149.99). Wool blend insoles with full fur lining offers optimal warmth. Plus, the textured rubber outsole keeps wearers on their feet. The elastic at the back of the knee-length shaft offers more room for bigger-sized calves.
Simply Vera’s Vera Wang Yates Women’s Tall Boots (www.kohls.com, $89.99) are knee-length with practical features like a comfortable memory foam insole, flocked lining, rubber lug outsole, and chunky 3.5-inch heel for stability. The pointed toe and demure styling enhances the dressiness for any occasion. The Yates come in black only.
Andrew Geller Women’s Kora Dress Boots Block Heel (www.jcpenney.com, $120) provide knee-length coverage and fully lined shaft with a memory foam insole for comfort all day. The 3-inch heels add to their dressy good looks, along with silver-tone buckle trim at the ankle. Choose from black or light brown. The outsole is synthetic rubber.
If warmth is absolutely essential, Merrell Andover Tall boots (www.merrell.com, $200) deliver. The style is more casual than the rest of these boots, yet they don’t look like you’re trekking to the Klondike, either. The full-grain waterproof leather upper is knee-length and will keep you dry. The buckle trim at the ankle and low heel add to their style, but the rubbery outsoles with subtle treads keep them practical for navigating slippery terrain. Choose from black or brown.
Online Boot Shopping Tips
To find the right fit:
• Pay attention to the length of the shaft. That’s the upper part that covers the legs.
• Measure your calf at its widest point. The calf measurement can help you find boots that aren’t too snug or too sloppy on your leg.
• The width and length of the boot is really important because of the constricting nature of the footwear. If they’re too loose, you’ll have blisters. If they’re too tight, they’ll pinch. Carefully measure your feet and compare to the size charts; don’t rely upon your shoe size. Also allow a half size for extra room if you usually wear thick socks with boots.
• Check the feedback for tips. For example, if many people say they run too small or too large, order accordingly.
• Read the return policy before ordering just in case they don’t work out.
• Pointy-toed boots will run narrower than those with a rounded or squared toe box.
• Genuine leather tends to stretch and conform more to your feet than artificial materials.